Refereeing is a way to be involved in your community, get to know and understand your neighbors, spend some quality time, and make a difference in the life of a child. Hey, might just get a charge out of it!
Make a difference!
Things To Do
- Be Trained. You wouldn't practice medicine without taking medical courses. Why would you referee without training? See training opportunities below in resources.
- Be There. Be at all the games. If you can't be there, find a replacement!
- Be Informed. Attend referees' meetings. Know what's going on in your organization. Know what's going on with the other referees.
- Be Informing. Complete Game Cards completely! Keep the organization informed about what's happening with the teams.
Contact the scheduler. Click on Governance at the left and scroll down to 'Scheduler'.
Referee Abuse And Assault
See the OYSAN website below for information.
- Books. Relevant library books can be found by clicking here and entering the phrase refereeing soccer to search.
- Instructor-led Training. The OYSAN schedule is here.
No warranties expressed or implied. Your 'mileage' may vary.